Right Now I Am... (8/10/14)

It's been a month since I last posted.  A whole lot has happened in that time, but seemingly nothing has happened--a strange paradox.  I wrapped up my time in Stillwater.  I had a great lunch reconnecting with an old friend.  Then I immediately went up to my grandparents' house, where I have been almost exclusively since.  I did spend one night in Tulsa last weekend, but that was mostly to resupply.  I will be up here for the foreseeable future, with short jaunts to Tulsa or Stillwater as needed.

Anyway, I decided I needed to get a post out and I love when Trish does these, so I stole the idea from her.

Image stolen from Trish at Love, Laughter, and a Touch of Insanity


Listening To:  A lot of TV in the background.  Right now it's an old Carole Lombard movie with Cary Grant.  It's kind of fabulous and I may need to buy a copy.

Eating:  Whatever is quick and easy!  When I am lucky, this means something from home, like salami, fruit, and some chips.  However, this usually means grabbing something on the way home from the hospital or something we can take up to the hospital.  I have been making a concerted effort to get two meals at home each day because I feel really icky otherwise and I cannot understand how I used to eat hardly anything but fast food.

Watching:  A lot of the History Channel!  My grandparents love Pawn Stars and American Pickers.  I am 100% a Pawn Stars girl, but Pickers is growing on me.  I love learning more about the history of objects.

Reading:  I have been reading bits and pieces of all the books, but not making a whole lot of progress.  It largely depends on my feeling for the day, which usually depends on how much good sleep I got the night before.  My purse is also a deciding factor.  I accidentally left my iPad charger behind the last time my mom and I ran to Tulsa, so I haven't been able to use it for reading.  So I switch amongst Moby-Dick, Slouching Towards Bethlehem, and Chronicle of a Death Foretold (which I've only read a few pages of, but should probably just dedicate myself to and knock out because it's less than 100 pages).  I would like to be reading more Sense and Sensibility, but for some reason I keep wanting to read Wuthering Heights instead.  I still haven't read hardly at all since the beginning of July.  I'd really like to remedy this, but I just don't know how other than to keep slogging.

Planning:  I'm trying to figure out a new normal for myself.  Temporarily moving to Bartlesville was not what I had planned when I left Stillwater.  I know that I need to work out a new normal (that includes yoga, coffee and breakfast, and looking for jobs, then getting ready and spending time with my family) for myself for this period of time, but I just haven't had the energy to do the first bit.  I've also been thinking a lot about blogging and writing in general.  I really want to do both.  I just have to start making time for the things I want to do and then making myself follow through.

Feeling:  Honestly, I haven't really been thinking about this.  I get through the day.  

Loving:  My family.  They are absolutely crazy and beautiful.

Wanting:  I am wanting for things to calm down.  Or maybe I am wanting myself to find a routine in all of the madness.  Either way...

Thinking:  About all of the things I need to remember to bring back with me the next time I resupply--namely, nail polish remover, my iPad charger, some different books to try, my black notepad, clothes and purses I want to bring.  That sort of thing.  The essentials...

Looking Forward To:  Seeing my friends next weekend!  I've been looking forward to next weekend since before I left Stillwater.  It will be so good to see everyone again and to relax and hang out.

Comments

Popular Posts