Wellness Thursday

I meant to do a Wellness Wednesday post yesterday, but time just got away from me.

But that's exactly how things have been going lately--they keep getting away from me. From what I've heard, that's how bar prep goes. It's a seemingly never-ending cycle of lectures, practice questions, practice essays, misery, and fear. I guess that means I'm right on track?

Wellness-wise...mentally has been not so good. I have next to zero motivation to keep going with bar prep. I'm exhausted.

Physically it's gone a bit better. I've been more mindful about portions and what I'm eating. I've been looking for less processed options to add. I haven't done enough to notice a difference, but I'm still working away at it.

Yesterday I downloaded the MyFitnessPal app on my phone. I tracked my calories and my water. It's a great tool! I love having the barcode scanner to add foods instead of having to search for ones other users have added, which may or may not be accurate. But I feel like the app gave a fairly good approximation of the calories I consumed yesterday.

I also did a little bit of exercise research and decided to give Jillian Michaels's Beginning Shred videos a try. I purchased the first workout for less than $3.00 on Amazon Video. I haven't done the video yet (on the schedule for later today), but I love that the whole thing is only 25 minutes. I love that it's going to be a very active 25 minutes, where I won't have time to get bored or think too much. That was a problem I was noticing with yoga--it was moving a little bit too slowly and some of the videos were quite a bit longer than I would have liked.

That said, I did a short yoga video this morning. It was a great way to wake up my body after doing a little bar prep. And a nice mental break. Now I feel refocused and ready to get back at it, after making some breakfast.

Comments

  1. When I was growing up, there was a show on PBS called "Lilias, Yoga & You." I always got the impression that yoga was sort of boring. But boring might be a good way to wake up your body. Not so much to really get your juices flowing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts