Austen in August



I am super late in signing up for this!  But better late than never, right?

Because I hardly know what is going on from one day to the next, I won't be super active in this.  I am setting the bar low for myself--read one Jane Austen novel.  That was my goal for last year and I was able to meet it.

This year I plan on reading Sense and Sensibility.  It seems to be a favorite of a lot of people.  I hear a lot of comparisons between it and Pride and Prejudice, which is the only other Austen novel I've read.  I am going to try to not let this get in the way of my reading experience.  I think that preconceived notions have gotten in the way of a lot of my experiences with reading the classics.

I am excited about reading this novel.  I want to enjoy it.  I want to find out why so many people like this novel.  I want to be transported to a simpler time and be swept away by the romance and passion that Austen writes about.

Last year I positively flew through Pride and Prejudice.  I hope to have similar success.  Though I have not read the first half of Sense and Sensibility 84,000 times, so I probably won't read it quite as quickly.

Anyway, wish me luck!

Comments

  1. I'm just going for one, and it's Sense and Sensibility :) I'm about half way through. I've read it before and didn't like it, but I'm enjoying it so much now. I wonder what my Austen block was all about... I'm very happy about it, anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts