Exercise

I'm finally getting a FitBit.  I've been toying with the idea for a while, especially after seeing so many of my Twitter friends talking about having them.

I texted one of my friends who lives nearby with some questions about her FitBit experience.  I know they cost a bit and I'm broke, so I wanted to make sure it was really going to be a good thing for me.  As luck would have it, she was selling hers because she bought a new one.  It's gently used and she's giving me a good price.  So I'm really excited to give it a shot.

It's summer and I'm fully ready to be outside!  I remember last summer how much I loved running in the mornings around my grandma's neighborhood.  The humidity was high and it was hot and I loved feeling like I was getting a great workout as a result.  But then I stopped.  Steve and I started a little running routine over the spring, but it got sidelined by school and allergies and weather.  I've decided that I am going to start running again.

Tuesday, actually.  I am going to do the Couch to 5k program to gradually build up.  I feel like I push myself harder at interval training when I have that voice in the phone keeping time as opposed to when I have to keep track myself.  My plan is to do C25k on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday mornings.  I feel like that spreads it out pretty well throughout the week.  We are so fortunate that our little town has a fantastic running path system!  I love taking advantage of running amidst the beautiful scenery.

I'm also wanting to do some yoga on the off days.  I find that at home, I do best with a 20-30 minute video.  Fortunately, Yoga with Adriene has a huge variety of video lengths and focuses to choose from!  It's such a wonderful and inspirational community.

Other than that, my goal is just to move more throughout the day.  Yes, I am sitting on my butt a lot of the time reading at the pool or at home, but I can walk laps around the pool and I can clean the house (which is a side benefit).

I'm excited to see the challenges of getting to 10,000 steps per day and seeing how addictive it becomes!  (Have you read this piece by David Sedaris about his FitBit? Hilarious!  Also, I hope the link works)

Comments

  1. I hear good things about the Couch to 5K program - a lot of people having great success with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the running for about a week, but it's just been way too hot here to keep it up. I am just not waking up early enough to get it done. So, I'll put the dreams and hopes of running off yet again. Maybe someday I'll be a runner.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts