Not All It's Cracked Up to Be

I've been in law school. I just graduated December 15. Now I'm preparing for the bar, which I will take at the end of February.

At first I though, "Nice! I can wear yoga pants all the time!"

But it's only taken about two weeks of mostly yoga pants for me to realize that it's a black hole of a downward spiral.

At least, for me it is.

I've basically stopped taking care of myself. I've stopped maintaining myself. I've gained weight. I've lost energy. I've lost interest in just about everything that brings me pleasure. I'm moody. I'm tired. My skin looks dull. I feel dull. It's horrible.

I feel like I basically hit bottom this afternoon. I had done some goal setting for myself for 2018 with actionable steps for eating better, exercising some, and other personal care items. But 2018 was still a ways off.

I started picking myself up this afternoon too. Making a realistic, healthy grocery list with foods that I actually like and will eat.

Spending a lot of time working out right now just isn't possible. To be sure, I try to do a quick yoga video during breaks in my bar prep. It's enough to reset my mind, but not enough to fix me. So for now I'm going to have to focus on eating better.

I don't quite know yet what that means. But I'll get there.

And I'm definitely ditching the yoga pants and t-shirts in favor of some "real" clothes. At least most of the time. :)

Comments

  1. I know you've got a partner there who will help you in what ever way you choose!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts