I'm finally getting around to writing my update post for the TBR Pile Challenge. I'm actually not doing too badly.
1. 1984 by George Orwell
2. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorn
3. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
4. The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers
5. The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
6. Moby Dick by Herman Melville--as always, in progress...but I am going to finish this SOB
7. The Three Musketeers by Alexander Dumas--I'm going to read this in July
8. Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray
9. Light in August by William Faulkner
10. Gilead by Marilynne Robinson
11. John Adams by David McCullough
12. Catherine the Great: Portrait of a Woman by Robert K. Massie
1. Emma by Jane Austen
2. Reading Lolita in Tehran by Agar Nafisi
I've read 3 of my 12, which isn't too bad for April. I haven't given up in despair yet, so that's good. I am currently periodically reading Moby-Dick and I plan on reading The Three Musketeers in July. Maybe Lisa will volunteer to read another one from this list with me soon so I can cross off another...