Pseudo 2018 TBR Pile Challenge List



Adam at Roof Beam Reader is hosting his TBR Pile Challenge again this year. The goal, naturally, is to read some of those titles that have been languishing on your shelves for a very long time. What reader doesn't have a ton of those? The plan is to create a list of 12 books (and 2 alternates) and read those SOBs this year.

I want to participate, but two things:
1. My reading time until the bar is pretty much slim to none.
2. Once I create a set list of books, I rebel.
This means that I won't really be able to participate until March. And that my list is going to kind of hedge my bets a bit and be purposefully vague in a few areas.

Without further ado, here is my list:

1.  Charles Dickens

2.  Jane Austen

3.  William Faulkner

4.  The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides

5.  Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead

6.  Lila by Marilynne Robinson

7.  Ann Patchett

8.  Zadie Smith

9.  Joan Didion

10. All the King's Men by Robert Penn Warren

11. Land of Love and Drowning by Tiphanie Yanique

12. Thomas Wolfe

Alternates:
13. A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towels

14. Modern Lovers by Emma Straub


It's pretty self-explanatory. There are some specific titles (all published in 2016 or earlier, per the rules). Some entries are simply names of authors. For these, I own several book by that author and I just want to read one of them, but I don't want to get locked in on a particular title by said author. I'll pick a title when I get there. I'm excited--direction, but freedom. :)

Wish me luck.

Comments

  1. I think that's pretty clever :) good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Authors on your list is a great idea. I have the same problem with lists. No matter how much I say "I really, really want to read THESE books," I know something shinier will present itself when it comes time to read. Good luck (on the challenge and the bar)!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts