05 January 2015

Bout of Books 12.0--Sign up and Day 1 Progress

One of my goals for 2015 is to read more.  The weeklong Bout of Books Readathon is a perfect way to do that.  The basic goal for the entire week is to just read more and to interact with other bloggers.  You can set other goals for yourself as well and create lists and whatnot.  I haven't done much reading this year (all five days of it), so I think joining in will be a good way to get going.



Though it's not required, here is a picture of the books I'd like to reach for first.



They are:
Shopgirl by Steve Martin
For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway
London Fields by Martin Amis
The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers
Nature and Selected Essays by Ralph Waldo Emerson
Nobody Is Ever Missing by Catherine Lacey
Careless People by Sarah Churchwell
Hotel Florida by Amanda Vaill

And my iPad in case something on there seems more promising.

I also ordered a few books, which will arrive today and tomorrow, so I might reach for one of those as well.

Basically--anything and everything is fair game.

What are my goals for this readathon?
  • Finish Nobody Is Ever Missing--I'm about halfway through and I feel pretty "meh" towards it, but I can't stop reading it for some reason
  • Read Shopgirl--it's a novella and I think it might be helpful for the novella I'm writing
  • Read two essays from the Emerson
  • Make progress on one of the nonfiction tomes
  • Make progress on one of the other novels
  • Interact with other bloggers
  • Update here, on Twitter, and on Instagram daily

But really--my three main goals are the interacting with other bloggers, updating my various social media outlets, and just reading more in general, regardless of what book it is (though it would be nice to make more progress on fewer books than to read a bit of each book).

Happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Reading! I love BoB. It forces me to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, what a great list! Did Nobody Is Ever Missing get any better? I was kind of curious about it. Not being able to stop reading it isn't the worst sign! Happy bout of books, hope it's going well!

    ReplyDelete